By now we're sure you've tried lots of great things to do at home with the kids, and are probably running out of ideas at this stage. Therefore, we wanted to provide you with the ultimate list of fun things to do at home with the kids!
Not only will you keep the kids amused with this list of inspiring ideas and activities, but you will be creating special memories and moments that last forever. We hope you can find time to try them out and the list below keeps the kids entertained for a few hours each day. Enjoy!
1. Have a movie marathon - Make popcorn, design cinema tickets and decorate with fairy lights.
2. Write a short story - Brainstorm ideas together or check out this great list of story ideas from Journal Buddies for inspiration here - https://www.journalbuddies.com/creative-writing-2/short-story-prompts/
3. Make a kite - Try this step by step guide by Clicks and Bits - https://www.clicksandbits.com/contact-paper-confetti-kite/
4. Learn to paint - Try one of these painting ideas for kids - https://www.projectswithkids.com/painting-ideas-for-kids/
5. Create a fort in your living room out of blankets, chairs and cardboard boxes.
6. Make pom poms out of newspapers or coloured tissue paper. Follow this how-to guide https://www.firstpalette.com/craft/tissue-paper-pompom-flowers.html
7. Make bath fizzies by combining citric acid, baking soda and cornstarch. Try it using this easy to follow guide here - http://www.marthastewart.com/280275/how-to-make-bath-fizzies
8. Plan and prepare a picnic in the garden.
9. Play some family board games.
10. Paint eggshells for Easter. Click the link for some inspiration here - https://www.madeformums.com/school-and-family/easter-craft-how-to-make-painted-eggs/
11. Act out your kids favourite book.
12. Have a treasure hunt with coins.
13. Play hide-and-seek.
14. Have a pillow fight.
15. Make up dances on Tik Tok.
16. Make a maze on the floor with painters tape.
17. Have an Easter egg hunt.
18. Make a birdhouse for the garden out of milk cartons. See how here - https://www.happinessishomemade.net/collage-birdhouses/
19. Play card games.
20. Garden together - Why not plant a family tree or start an organic food garden!
21. Bake the perfect chocolate chip cookies using this recipe by The Baking Chocolatess - https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com/perfect-chocolate-chip-cookies/
22. Learn a new language with the Duolingo app!
23. You might not be able to see friends or family right now, but you can still have fun with them by using this Prank app! Download it for free from ownagepranks.com here - https://www.ownagepranks.com/prank-apps/prank-call-app/
24. Create a blog - Why not document your activities and time spent together or share hobbies as a family by creating a free WordPress blog or YouTube channel.
25. Paint a butterfly symmetry painting - Check out these beautiful creations - https://artsymomma.com/butterfly-symmetry-paintings.html
26. Write, direct and star in your own movie - Make a movie using your phone and cast it to your TV to watch when it’s finished.
27. Make play dough from scratch by following this easy to follow video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAIAm6BF0fs
28. Make homemade pizza from scratch. Try the Jamieoliver.com recipie here - https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/how-to-make-pizza-from-scratch/
29. Make homemade clay ornaments, print your hands and bake to set! Learn how to make this keepsake here https://mamapapabubba.com/2013/11/12/baking-soda-clay-handprint-keepsakes/
30. Make a delicious fizzy lemon drink using this recipe by Science Kids - https://www.sciencekids.co.nz/experiments/lemonade.html
31. Play charades.
32. Play eye spy.
33. Play simon says.
34. Paint leaves you find outside and print them on paper. Learn more here - https://www.firstpalette.com/craft/leaf-prints.html
35. Write letters to family or friends - Why not decorate an Easter themed card or use the free An Post postcard to make someone smile.
36. Paint or decorate the kids’ room.
37. Make milkshakes and soda floats.
38. Play stuck in the mud! Learn the rules here - https://www.healthykids.org.nz/move/games/stuck-in-the-mud
39. Make this gingerbread slime recipe by Natural Beach Living here - https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/gingerbread-slime-recipe/
40. Decorate a pair of old jeans with markers, paint and thread.
41. Experiment with science by making a volcano - Mix baking soda and vinegar for an explosive reaction. Learn more here - https://www.care.com/c/stories/3992/science-experiments-for-kids-of-all-ages/
42. Learn a magic trick! Try The Spruce Crafts magic tricks for kids and beginners here - https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/magic-tricks-for-beginners-and-kids-2267083
43. Create a family scrapbook - fill it with funny stories and pictures about each family member.
44. Make and design a memory box from an old shoe box.
45. Have a family barbecue.
46. Make friendship bracelets with thread or wool. Follow the guide by craftjam.co here - https://craftjam.co/blog/how-to-make-friendship-bracelets
47. Learn how to make ice-cream with banana and berries here - https://addictedtoeverything.com/today-i-learned/addicted-to-everythings-healthy-ice-cream-with-just-two-ingredients-yay/
48. Create an obstacle course in the garden.
49. Pitch a tent and sleep outside with marshmallows and hot chocolate.
50. Make a paper mache hot air balloon with the super easy guide by firstpalette - https://www.firstpalette.com/craft/hot-air-balloon.html
51. Explore your garden and look for insects.
52. Write and produce a play and perform for other family members.
53. Paint each other’s faces.
54. Have a water balloon fight.
55. Make jewellery out of pasta and string. Finish by painting... Check out The Spruce Crafts for inspiration - https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/macaroni-necklace-4175051
56. Take pictures of nature.
57. Play a trivia game! Check out these trivia questions for kids by laffgaff.com here - https://laffgaff.com/trivia-questions-for-kids/
58. Do kids yoga.
59. Decorate the house with decorations you make for Easter. Try some of these great templates and how to guides https://www.firstpalette.com/printable/easter-eggs.html
60. Make popsicles.
61. Play hopscotch with chalk outside.
62. Make shadow puppets.
63. Make a comic book.
64. Make a skipping rope.
65. Make homemade giant bubbles – try this step by step guide by Happy Hooligans! - https://happyhooligans.ca/homemade-giant-bubbles/
66. Take turns saying tongue twisters.
67. Make a puppet, try these DIY sock puppets by Handmade Charlotte here - https://www.handmadecharlotte.com/7-diy-sock-puppets/
68. Tell ghost stories in the dark with a flashlight.
69. Build with lego. Check out this link for fun ideas! - https://www.merakilane.com/25-lego-activities-for-kids/
70. Play hangman.
71. Do a jigsaw together.
72. Play video games together.
73. Learn to knit and crochet with these beginner tutorials here - https://makeit-loveit.com/27-beginner-knitting-and-crochet-tutorials
74. Build a rocket. Follow Penguin’s awesome rocket guide here - https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/children/2017/craft-a-diy-rocket-from-see-you-in-the-cosmos/
75. Bake cake pops with BBC's Good Food recipe here - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cake-pops
76. Bake a loaf of bread, follow the easy and delicious white bread recipe from BBC’s Good Food here - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-white-bread
77. Play dress-up with mam and dad’s clothes.
78. Make a time capsule and bury it in the back garden.
79. Learn and tell each other jokes, try some here - https://redtri.com/best-jokes-for-kids/slide/3
80. Play a game of DONKEY. Learn how to play it here - https://youthgroupgames.com.au/games/donkey-game/
81. Learn to juggle with fruit or tennis balls.
82. Make perfume with flowers in the garden. Try Meri Cherry’s make perfume with a kids guide here - https://mericherry.com/2017/03/28/making-perfume-with-kids/
83. Build paper airplanes and have a flying contest.
84. Video call their grandparents, using disguised, humorous voices.
85. Tie dye t-shirts. Follow this great parents.com guide here - https://www.parents.com/fun/arts-crafts/kid/tie-dye-with-kids/
86. Play balloon volleyball.
87. Have a teddy tea party.
88. Phone a friend or use Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp or FaceTime.
89. Reminisce about your favourite family vacation and draw pictures of everything you did.
90. Stargaze by researching popular constellations. At night, head outdoors to spot them.
91. Publish a pretend newspaper and interview members of the family.
92. Learn origami, try it here - https://www.origami-fun.com/origami-for-kids.html
93. Learn the alphabet in sign language. Watch this easy to follow video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYhAAMDQl-Q
94. Pick flowers in your garden and create an original flower arrangement for the dinner table.
95. Have a girls pamper night, make natural face masks and paint each other's nails. Try one of The Koala Mom’s face mask recipes for kids here - https://thekoalamom.com/2018/03/face-masks-kids-5-simple-quick-recipes-need-know/
96. Make a slip and slide in the garden! see what you need from Fatherly.com here - https://www.fatherly.com/play/make-insane-diy-slip-n-slide/
97. Make a dream board and learn about what they would love to become one day. Learn everything you need to know with parents.com here - https://www.parents.com/kids/development/how-to-make-a-vision-board-for-kids/
98. Do a zumba workout as a family. Try one of the beginner zumba routines to try at home from Sheknows.com here - https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/1027379/30-minute-mini-zumba-routine-at-home/
99. Make the super easy and fun 3 Ingredient foam paint by Dabbles and Babbles here - https://dabblesandbabbles.com/3-ingredient-diy-foam-paint/
100. Hallway bowling - Fill up water bottles and use any ball you have at home!