I believe I received the M50 fine in error

Please select the reason why you’d like to appeal your M50 toll penalty from the list below for further information:

View all FAQs

I already paid the toll

If you believe that you've received a penalty letter in error, contact our customer service team and one of our agents will review your query.

You’ll need to provide a payment receipt and the following additional information:

  • Payment channel (if the payment was made online at www.eflow.ie, in a Payzone outlet, over the phone to an agent or through the automated phone service).
  • Payment method (debit card or credit card).
  • Date when the payment was made.
  • Amount paid.
  • Last four digits of the card used to make the payment.
  • Expiry date of the card.
  • Name of the account holder.

Please ensure the payment was made to the correct vehicle and within the payment deadline.

To help prevent you from reaching higher penalties, payments received from you by eFlow may be used to pay off outstanding journeys. 

Back to top

I did not use the M50 toll road at the time in question

Despite eFlow utilising some of the most accurate vehicle recognition technology in the world, our cameras may - on very rare occasions - misread number plates.

You can review the image taken by our toll cameras online by visiting Pay a Penalty. You will need to enter your Journey Reference Number (from the penalty letter) and your Vehicle Registration Number.

If you believe you have wrongly received a bill, we advise you to contact us, and we will review your query.

Back to top

I have a tag with another tag provider

If you have recently changed your vehicle, please ensure that your tag account has been updated accordingly. Contact details for all Irish tag providers are available here.

If you're sure that your tag is mounted correctly, sufficiently credited, and/or hasn't been reported as lost, stolen, or damaged, it's possible that an incorrect licence plate is associated with your tag.

To transfer all unpaid eFlow trips to your existing tag account click I Want to Appeal a Penalty and fill out the required information.

Once you've done this, we'll check your details with your tag provider and, if possible, transfer all outstanding journeys to your existing tag account.

Back to top

I sold the car

Unregistered customers' notifications of outstanding journeys are sent to the name and address to which their vehicle is registered with the Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division (DVCSD).

If you’ve recently sold the vehicle, the DVCSD should be notified, so their vehicle ownership records can be updated, as eFlow cannot update these details. However, once DVCSD records have been updated, our records will update automatically, too.

Please fill in Part B of the Vehicle Registration Certificate or log book and send it to:

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Computer Services Division,

Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport (DVCSD)

Shannon Town Centre,

Co. Clare

V14 P298

Once you've updated these details with the DVCSD , please contact us and we will review your query immediately.

If your vehicle is registered in Northern Ireland/United Kingdom, please contact the Driver & Vehicle Agency to update the ownership records. If you received the fine for crossing the M50 toll please contact us and provide an official proof of sale i.e. sale invoice signed by both parties. Once in receipt of this document, we will be able to investigate further.

Back to top

Stolen car

Please contact us and provide a Garda report to confirm the theft of the vehicle. Once in receipt of the report, we will be able to investigate further.

Other reasons

If you would like to appeal an eFlow penalty for any other reason, please contact us and we will review your query.

If you wish to make an appeal against a penalty letter issued by Euro Parking Collection, please contact them directly by click here.


Back to top