LEVTI Scheme set to conclude on the 31st of December 2023
The ‘Low Emissions Vehicle Toll Incentive (LEVTI) Scheme’ is ending on the 31st of December 2023.
What this means for you:
- From January 1, 2024, the LEVTI refunds will no longer apply, and you will be charged standard toll rates for your vehicle class and the monthly tag fee.
- You do not need to take any action and your vehicle tag will continue to work.
- Most customers will receive their final refund in January 2024 however, some refunds may appear in the February 2024 statement or invoice.
- You have two account options from January 1, 2024:
- Take no action, keep your tag, pay the monthly tag fee (€1.23) to continue using your tag nationwide.
- Log into your eFlow account and switch to a free video account, for use on the M50 only.
What is LEVTI:
LEVTI tolling scheme was introduced in 2018 and has been administrated by Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) on behalf of Department of Transport. It was originally scheduled to close in 2022 but was extended until December 31, 2023.
Government investment for electric vehicles will continue to rebalance towards supporting EV charging infrastructure. This change aligns with similar polices in European nations, where countries including Norway, Germany and France have begun to curb vehicle subsidies and government investment in EVs is moving towards infrastructure.