How can I switch my tag to another vehicle?
If you want to change vehicles on your account, you can do this online, and reassign your tag to the new vehicle at the same time. To do this:
- Log in to your account and select ‘My Vehicles’ from the menu on the left. Every active vehicle on the account will be will displayed.
- Click ‘+Add/Replace another vehicle’
- Enter the registration plate number of the vehicle you want to add
- Click 'Find my vehicle'. If this vehicle is registered in Ireland, the vehicle's information will be displayed. If not, you will need to fill in the information (e.g. vehicle type, make, model, and colour). You will also have the option to add a 'label' for this new vehicle (e.g. Tom's van)
- Choose the option 'Yes' under 'Reassign Tag from an existing vehicle?'
- Select the vehicle to be replaced from the drop-down menu
- Click 'Add this vehicle'
If your tag has been successfully reassigned, you will see a confirmation message.
If you need a new tag holder for any vehicle, you can request it by clicking on the blue 'wheel' icon in the 'Options' column (to the right of each vehicle's details).
Please note: you cannot reassign a tag to a different vehicle type (e.g. you cannot change from a van to a car or vice versa).