eFlow Security Hub
Fraud and scams are becoming more common, and more sophisticated. Scammers are targeting people nationwide with fraudulent texts claiming to be from eFlow.
eFlow does not send text messages with links to customers.
The eFlow Security Hub aims to create awareness of scam attempts and educate our customers to be more scam savvy.
eFlow will never:
- Ask customers to open links to confirm payment details.
- Send an SMS about a failed payment or outstanding penalties.
- Ask customers for payment information by clicking a link.
What scammers are doing:
- Scammers have created professional-looking fake websites that imitate eFlow’s website.
- Messages typically direct recipients to follow a link to where the urgent action is directed to be taken.
- Scam messages can be received by anyone, including eFlow customers.
What you can do to protect yourself:
- If you received a text claiming to be from eFlow with a link, do not click it. Report the exact website name by email to email@example.com or on the web to https://report.netcraft.com.
- If you clicked on a suspicious link, please contact your bank immediately.
- Always pay outstanding toll amounts directly on our website.
Tips to spot a scam:
- Be cautious of unsolicited messages. Scammers often use such messages to obtain personal information.
- If something seems suspicious, it probably is. Always err on the side of caution and seek advice if you’re unsure.
- Verify the identity of the sender. Scammers often impersonate legitimate businesses, double-check the sender’s email address or contact information.
What is smishing?
- Smishing is a combination of the words SMS and phishing. It is the fraudulent practice of sending text messages pretending to be from reputable companies in an attempt to retrieve individuals’ personal information, such as passwords or credit card numbers.
- The text messages claim to come from a trustworthy source such as your bank, a service provider like eFlow, or a government body.
- They are difficult to spot as they are written in the style of the organisation and can appear within a thread of messages received from the organisation.
- eFlow does not send text messages with links to customers.